Surround Sound And Home Stereo Speakers - How To Choose The Best Ones
By Pete Bradshaw
So what sort of speakers are you looking for in your room? Do you need home stereo speakers - or have you thought about surround sound speakers?
Then there are many other things like the size and design to consider such as floorstanding or satellite - these are issues which will relate to the size and type of room you have. And that's not forgetting all the technical specifications which can really complicate matters.
So as you can see, it can be very confusing when you want to buy a new speaker package for your room.
There seem to be so many choices to make that it can be difficult to know where to start. The first thing you need to do is to understand the important areas that you need to consider, and then you can use this information to narrow down your choices.
So what are the issues that we need to think about when we are choosing home stereo and surround sound speaker systems?
Well, here is a list of things to think about when you are looking to upgrade home audio systems, and once you have considered these then you will have better idea of what you need.
1. What type of configuration do you want?
- 2.0 stereo system
- 2.1 stereo system with a subwoofer
- 5.1 surround sound system
- 7.1 surround sound system
- 7.2 surround sound system with two subwoofers
2. What size of speakers do you want?
- Floor standing
3. What technical ratings do you need to consider?
- Power ratings
- Match these with the ratings of your amplifier or receiver
4. How do you want to buy your speakers?
- An all-in-one package with all the speakers included?
- Buy separates and put together your system one speaker at a time?
5. What make do you want? There are many high quality brands to choose from - some of the major brands are:
- B & W
Once you have worked you way through this checklist, then you will have a much better idea if you want home stereo speakers for your home audio systems - or surround sound speakers.
It's not an easy decision to make at times because you have so many issues to consider at the same time. So the only way you are going to do this is by taking one point at a time and narrowing down what you really need - and also what will actually fit into your room - or work properly with your existing equipment.
The important thing is to take each point at a time and don't over complicate your choices. You will find it much easier to choose the best speakers for your room when you are clear with what you actually need - or what will best suit your home theater setup.